Welcome to our Giving Tree Program.
Our Giving Tree will continue in an online format; however, this year, we have an added opportunity with the addition of a physical tree located in the church vestibule. Please “click” on the name of each organization, and you will be routed to an online giving site and/or Amazon wish list for requested items OR we welcome you to select an organization from the tree and click on the link below or scan the QR code on the tag. We encourage everyone to take this opportunity to help those less fortunate and bring Christmas joy into others’ lives. Some items will be accepted here at the Church. Plan to make your donation/gift available to the organization by noon on December 4 to ensure delivery by Christmas.
Remember, the most fulfilling way to enjoy Christmas is to give!
- CATHOLIC CHARITIES of the Diocese of Arlington receive hundreds of calls from seniors, the disabled or working poor, families, and the unemployed seeking food, toiletries and clothing, and financial assistance for prescriptions, utilities, and rent. Catholic charities needs $25 Walmart, $25 Target, and $25 Shell or Sheetz Gas gift cards. Gift Cards can be dropped off in the parish office or through the parish office door mail slot.
- CHRIST HOUSE This is a men’s transitional shelter, food pantry & emergency aid office in Old Town Alexandria run by Catholic Charities. It provides food and clothing & helps families in crises to avoid eviction or termination of essential utilities. Christ House has an Amazon Wish List where you can help purchase weather-rated sleeping bags. Please select "Sherri Longhill & John Croft" at checkout for direct delivery to Christ House.
- PROJECT GABRIEL / PROJECT RACHEL This organization provides aid for people suffering from the pain of abortion and provides aid for pregnant women in desperate situations. You can help by donating on their website by clicking on the link.
- MIGRATION and REFUGEE SERVICES Your donation supports individuals or families who are coming to our country from very difficult situations through the Diocesan Resettlement Office with only the clothes they are wearing. Click on the link to visit their Amazon wish list. Please select "Tony Cannava" at checkout for direct delivery to their office.
- MARY'S COMFORT is a program that provides housing for women facing a crisis pregnancy, along with supportive help and guidance for mother and baby in all stages of care. They need $25-$50 Walmart or Amazon gift cards. Gift cards can be dropped off in the parish office or through the parish office door mail slot.
- ECHO (Ecumenical Community Helping Others) is a local service for those in the Springfield area who have difficulty providing for themselves. Please do not buy gift cards for ECHO recipients. ECHO will be collecting their gifts earlier than the other charities. Please select "ECHO" at checkout for direct delivery to their facility.
- ST. ANN’S CENTER FOR CHILDREN, YOUTH & FAMILIES is a Catholic Care Center that provides for teen mothers and their children
in great need within the Washington area. Your gift can provide support to mothers and Christmas joy to babies and children who have begun life in very difficult circumstances. Click on the link to visit their Amazon wish list. Please select "St. Ann's Center" at checkout for direct delivery.
- BETHANY HOUSE provides crisis intervention, safe housing, food, clothing, and emotional support and guidance to spouses who
have been abused and to their children. Your gift will be one of the few bright spots in a family that the tragedy of domestic violence has torn apart. Click on the link to visit their Amazon wish list. Please select "Bethany House" at checkout for direct delivery.
- SERVICE SOURCE is a nonprofit organization that aims to facilitate services and partnerships to support people with disabilities, their families, caregivers, and community members to build more inclusive communities. Nationally, they support over 23K people ranging from wounded veterans to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. You can help by donating on their website by clicking on the link.